Monday, August 4, 2008

4th of July



This was our first 4th of July that Nick and I took Carter to see the fireworks. The 4th of July has always been a special day for Nick and I because it was when we had our first date (in 1997! Can you believe it?)
We started with a morning swim, in our red, white, and blue bathing suit of course!

I wanted to do some fun things with Carter to get ready for the big day so I planned some projects.
The first was to make a windsock, I got everything ready while he was napping and we had fun making it together.

The second thing we did was decorate his tricycle for a "4th of July parade" (of one). It was still fun.

I also made red (Kool-Aid) and blue (Powerade) ice cubes to put in drinks of water or Sprite.
Nick got some sparklers (which Carter did burn his finger on) that were fun for the whole family. Nick's parents and grandmother came up for a cookout and we played with some more sparklers and bubbles (of course!)

We had a great 4th of July as Nick and I celebrated 11 years together!!

No comments: