Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Big Boy Bed

I have wanted to put Carter into our extra bed for awhile now and thought that around this time of the year we would put it into action. Our extra bed is a double bed and after some careful thought and consideration we decided that the bed may be a little too big for our little (big) boy right now and a little too big for his room. So, we were lucky enough to inherit a twin mattress from Nick's parents, which we picked up this weekend. I had been looking at Pottery Barn Kids for quilts and sheets, but they are very pricey so the other day when I was at Kohl's I saw a navy blue/sky blue reversible down comforter that was reasonably priced. Carter has been saying that he wants a truck bed so I thought with this comforter and some truck sheets we would be just fine. And we are!!! We took Carter to Target to pick out his special truck sheets and I picked up bed rails from Buy Buy Baby this weekend and by Sunday night our little (big) boy was all ready to sleep in his new truck bed. While Nick and I were setting it up he was running around the house like he had just eaten a 5 pound bag of sugar, he was so excited and kept saying "This is going to be so exciting!"
For the last two nights Carter has been sleeping in his new bed, and LOVES it!! I am hoping that we have made this switch far enough in advance so that he doesn't want to regress back to a smaller bed or even worse the crib, but for now we are doing great!


Carter is under there, he is hiding (one of his most favorite things to do!)

I know it needs a bed skirt but I had some technical difficulties with the one from Target (fighting with the iron!) I got a new one and as soon as I iron it I will put it on.


Reading with Daddy. Nick is excited that he can now lay in the bed with him!



Success our first night, I went in to check on how he was sleeping and took a few shots. Sleeping like a baby! I think he looks so little in the big bed! He got too big on me, I'll admit I was a little teary eyed about this step, he really isn't a baby anymore.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Do you feel the interim step of 'toddler bed' was an important transition for him? What age was he 'ready' to move out of thr crib? Tell me everything you know!

The Bliven Family said...

Brady is totally jealous. Now he is so excited to get in his big boy bed...so he can be just like Carter!

Lindsey said...

Oh, he does look so little in the big boy bed! What a good move to make with plenty of time before his little sister comes along.

(Ironically enough...my "word verification" to post this comment is "truckc"....how appropriate!)

The Bliven Family said...

How do you like that comforter that you got from Kohl's? It is the colors that I was looking for, so we might get it if you think that it's good.