Monday, January 5, 2009

Science Center


So for the past 16 days I have been on Winter Break, which was awesome! Keeping Carter busy was definitely a challenge but it was one that I really enjoyed. We spent a lot of time together and had a lot of fun! On the 23rd of December we went to one of our favorite places the Baltimore Science Center. Carter could spend hours there in the Kids' Room and I love it because it is FREE!!! Yep, since Carter is 3 & under and I am a teacher general admission is free for the both of us. We have gone to the science center countless times before but this was the first time I remembered the camera. Here they are...

Digging for Dinosaur Bones

Playing with Nemo under the sea and Fishing on the boat


And our FAVORITE, the water table...some of you may notice that Carter has on 2 different outfits. I learned the first time we went that the smocks provided at the water table do very little to keep kids dry, so it is just as easy to bring a change of clothes so that they can get wet. There is a kid friendly bathroom right in the Kid's Room. I have seen some WET kids leave the science center and have been very glad that Carter is dry when we leave (especially when it is cold outside)

1 comment:

The Bliven Family said...

I've never taken Brady to the Science Center...I would love to take him...maybe we should go again with the boys before the spring.

Brady's tantrum last night wasn't over until we were halfway up 270. He was clawing at his seatbelt, the door, the locks, the windows trying to get out. We literally had to wrestle him into the car and then I had to restrain him to keep him in his seat. When it was all over, he used a tissue to wipe his eyes, took a deep breath, and then apologized for crying. It was like the demon just left his body...and then he was fine the rest of the night.