Friday, June 5, 2009

The Countdown Has Begun

I have been so horrible about updating my blog, but I have been enjoying the weeks I have at home with my little girl before I have both my angels home with me full time (I don't know how I will update at all when this happens!). That, my friends, begins in 2 weeks!!! I have been preparing for this by frantically organizing all the spaces in my house. So far I have cleaned out and organized the hall closet, under the sinks in the bathrooms, the junk drawer, the junk cabinet, and have moved all of Carter's art supplies to the basement. My next projects include the dreaded pantry and the garage.
Sophie has grown and changed so much in the past 6 weeks, like the cliche goes "They grow up so fast!" I forgot how quickly they grow out of newborn clothes and begin to have a personality of their own. We have begun to settle into somewhat of a routine and she sleeps pretty well at night. (only getting up twice and usually going right back to sleep after) Her facial expressions are priceless and we have even started seeing some little smiles. I know I will miss the days when she falls asleep on me and I am trying to soak it all up because she will "grow up so fast" and before I know it she will be a big 3 year old! Here are some pictures from the past couple of weeks... I can't believe she is already 6 weeks old!
First nap in her crib...She is now sleeping at night in her crib instead of in our room and she is sleeping very well, 4-5 hour stretches. I never was as exhausted with her as I was with Carter!!


Funny faces and first smiles!

Playing with my friends is exhausting!

In my girly sunsuit

No comments: