Monday, June 22, 2009

The First Day!

Today is the first day of not going back to Ms. Jeanne's house. I have had both of the kids together all day before but now it is permanent. I don't want to set the precedent that now Carter is home he can watch TV and play on the computer all day (this is what he usually does on the weekends). I decided to take a que from Ms. Jeanne and have a structured day. He started out this morning with an activity, cutting. He had breakfast, got dressed, and we headed outside. In the morning the front yard is in the shade until about 11am, so I got Sophie's bouncy seat and took it outside, moved the car out of the driveway, opened the garage, and let Carter play. Here are some of the things we did...

Sophia ready to watch the action

Checking to make sure Sophia is still watching
It was too much excitement for Sophia!
Once we came inside, I fed the baby and Carter and I played Chutes & Ladders, Go Fish, and then read about 10 books. I did put on a show for him when I went to make lunch. After lunch (and a chat with Nana and PopPop) Carter went upstairs to his room for rest time. He doesn't have to sleep, he just has to play quietly in his room for about 1 1/2 hours (I am hoping on some days he will actually take a nap, but I am not holding my breath). This is where we are at this point today. When he gets up (maybe I should say out) I think we will do some kind of craft, have a snack, and I may even blow up his pool in the back yard (we get afternoon sun in the front and Sophie can't be in the sun for too long, hopefully I will figure out how to set up the beach umbrella in the front so we can play there more in the afternoon, I like the front yard better than the backyard there is more room). Then tonight we have a birthday party to go to. And this was just one day!
It is not as difficult as I thought it was going to be...yet! (I did mention to Nick last night that maybe I would be ready to go back to work in August!!)

No comments: